The RFDS in QLD
What we do
Each year in Queensland the RFDS:
• Visits more than 90 remote communities each year providing a full range of health care services including GP, child and maternal health, mental and oral health to more than 260 people each day.
• Holds more than 6,100 remote health clinics stretching from the far north to south west Queensland.
• Transports more than 11,500 patients to and from acute hospitals and specialist services from Birdsville to Brisbane, from Thursday Island to Cairns or from Townsville to Mount Isa.
• Improves the dental health of regional Queenslanders through the RFDS Dental Service
• Provides much needed advice to almost 16,800 remote medical consults by phone or video-link
• Administers over 3,700 immunisations
All RFDS bases in Queensland (except Longreach) provide an aeromedical retrieval service for emergencies.Read more
QLD Primary health care
The RFDS provide a comprehensive range of health care services at a range of locations including rural towns, remote stations, mines, oil fields, national parks and island resorts.Read more
QLD Tele-health and medical chest
RFDS Medical Officers provide a 24 hour medical consultation service via telephone and radio transmission.Read more
Qld Oral Health
Thanks to Commonwealth funding, we are able to deliver vital oral health services to 14 remote communities throughout Queensland via our RFDS Dental Service.Read more
Health Promotion in Qld
Health promotion underpins all of the RFDS’s health services and covers health promotion and illness prevention, as well as community capacity building.Read more
QLD Mental Health and Wellbeing Services
The RFDS is continuing to develop its mental health and wellbeing services to assist in addressing the health needs of those in rural and remote areas.Read more
RFDS (Queensland Section) has a fleet of 20 aeromedical aircraft comprising 16 Beechcraft King Air B200 Series and four King Air B350CHW.Our Fleet