The RFDS in QLD
The world-class aeromedical retrievals and healthcare services delivered by the Flying Doctor to regional, rural, and remote Queenslanders, would not be possible without our expert in-house engineering department.
With safety and quality at the forefront of their operations, our engineering team is approved and equipped to perform all aspects of line and base maintenance as well as repairs on the Service’s fleet of Beechcraft King Air aircraft.
Engineering support is strategically positioned around the State to maintain the Service’s fleet with approved base maintenance facilities located in Brisbane and Townsville and approved line maintenance facilities situated in Cairns, Charleville, Mount Isa and Rockhampton. Dedicated maintenance management and airworthiness teams situated in Brisbane and Cairns provide comprehensive oversight of the complete fleet network.
Certifications and accreditations:
- CASR Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation
- CASA approved Safety Management System (SMS)
- International Standard for Business Aircraft Operations (IS-BAO) Stage 3 accreditation
- ISO 9001:2015 — Quality Management System
- ISO 45001:2018 — Occupational Health and Safety Management System
As a CASR Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation our current capabilities include:
- base and line maintenance
- day of operations troubleshooting
- structural repairs
- aeromedical modifications
- component maintenance
- third party maintenance
- non-destructive testing.