The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) (RFDS) offer financial assistance towards a midwifery qualification for registered nurses with 3 to 5 years of critical care experience who are interested in working with the RFDS.
Why should you apply?
- Add to your critical care experience with a midwifery qualification
- Future employment opportunity with Australia’s leading aeromedical provider
- Up to $10,000 towards a midwifery qualification
Eligibility to apply:
To be considered for the scholarship you will:
- hold a current registration as a General Nurse in Australia with AHPRA
- demonstrate three to five years’ experience in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24-hour in-department medical coverage and/or a recognised Intensive Care Unit
- provide evidence of an application or acceptance into a relevant midwifery course or be currently enrolled in a midwifery qualification
- hold valid working rights for Australia.
Meet the requirements?
Please ensure the following is clearly identified in your resume: job title; start date; department; brief description; nature of role — full-time; part-time or casual. This allows us to establish your full-time equivalent.
Successful recipients of the scholarship program may be subject to a Police Check and Drug and Alcohol Testing. If applicable pre-employment medical assessments will be a requirement of this program. Successful recipients of the scholarship are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence.
To apply for a scholarship, please email evidence of your experience and eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org.