The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) is invested and committed to improving the health of people in regional, remote and rural Queensland. In support of our commitment to the people of Queensland, RFDS offers scholarships to skilled Registered Nurses who have a passion to join RFDS and who need to further develop their skills and obtain a midwifery qualification.
The Midwifery Scholarship offering is now open for 2024.
RFDS (Queensland Section) in conjunction with the RFDS of Australia and generous donors offer Scholarships to Registered Nurses who;
- Hold current AHPRA registration
- Can demonstrate three to five years’ full time equivalent, experience in a critical care environment in either a recognised Major Regional or Tertiary Hospital Emergency Department, with a 24-hour in-department medical coverage and/or a recognised Intensive Care Unit
- Can provide evidence of an application or acceptance into a relevant midwifery course or be currently enrolled in a midwifery qualification (at the university of your choosing)
- Hold valid working rights for Australia.
In addition, we offer:
- Future employment opportunity with Australia’s leading aeromedical provider
- Up to $10,000 towards a midwifery qualification
This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, will be subject to criminal history check and may be required to undergo a preemployment medical assessment. There is a requirement to travel in QLD for this role and a QLD drivers’ licence and an ASIC (Aviation Security ID Card) is essential.
Royal Flying Doctor Service acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the Traditional Custodians of the land. The RFDS is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of healthcare. We embrace diversity and welcome all people irrespective of faith, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity.