Network Support Pilot
Network Support Pilot
Rewarding work, flying around Queensland for an organisation that makes a difference to those in need!
- Transport / Logistics / Drivers
- Permanent / Full Time
- Flexible on location, live where you want and support out bases in need!
- Join an Iconic Australian organisation with rewarding work
- Operate a modern fleet of Beechcraft B200, B350 and B360 turboprop aircraft
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us to help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) Pilots are at the forefront of aeromedical aviation. Our Pilots are an integral part of a multi-disciplined crew in an organisation that prides itself in providing excellence in vital health care services to coastal, regional and outback Queensland. We are looking for pilots who have the skill and ability to step up to the challenge of becoming an RFDS Network Support Pilot. Work for one of Australia’s most trusted organisations, where no day is the same!
The Network Support Pilot provides relief coverage as required, traveling across RFDS Queensland bases to deliver aeromedical and healthcare services.
Do you think that you have what it takes to be the next RFDS Network Support Pilot? Apply now!
We have eight Operational Bases in our network that you would support:
- Mt Isa
The RFDS in Queensland is looking for confident and capable team players to fly our essential services in the bush and along the coast. It is desirable to have:
- Current Instrument Rating- Multi Engine Aircraft with four or more renewals
- Current Australian ATPL / CPL and class 1 medical in Single Pilot Operations
- 4000 hours flying time in total
- 2000 hours as Pilot in Command
- 1000 hours as Pilot in Command of Multi-engine aircraft
- 200 hours as Pilot in Command at night
- 200 hours instrument time
- Turbine experience
- Flexible in your preferred working location
- Australian Citizenship, Residency or approved work Visa
- Ability to obtain and hold a Blue Card
- If you do not hold a QLD drivers licence you will need to apply for a CRN
- An Australian Command Multi Engine Instrument Rating, or military equivalent
- Physically able to manage a level of manual handling, specifically handling of patients and equipment when required
- Demonstrated situational leadership and logistics management abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of remote and regional Australia and its people
- The requirement to attend a Simulator assessment in Maroochydore to demonstrate your skillset
- The ability to support the RFDS with new opportunities across Queensland
- Benefits from a unique lifestyle only found when enjoying outback Queensland, while also putting your skillset to the test and help those in need throughout rural and remote communities
- Work in a diverse and demanding environment on time-critical tasks
- Ability to form part of a highly skilled and motivated multidisciplinary team working with some of Australia’s finest health professionals
- Experience flying operations from remote emergency airstrips to major capital city aerodromes and everything in between
- The appeal to operating modern high-performance pressurised turboprop aircraft in a single Pilot environment
- Opportunity to provide a critical aviation service in Clinic and/or Medevac and Hospital operations throughout Qld and interstate
In return for your skills, enthusiasm and commitment to our mission, we offer you the unique opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and play your part towards helping others. You will work with passionate and dedicated individuals who are proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation and embody our mission—the furthest corner, the finest care. No one day is ever the same – with a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres through regional and outback Queensland, you’ll experience work and life like never before.
Along with this, the RFDS also offers:
- Attractive remuneration including remote area incentives for eligible areas
- 6 weeks Annual Leave
- Retention bonus of 4% after just 2 years of service
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
The RFDS (Queensland Section) has a holistic recruitment and selection procedure that is run in a two-part process. We will always endeavour to keep you updated and informed at each stage of the process.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to provide best-practice procedures.
Please submit an online application or please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3852 7553 for more information.
Royal Flying Doctor Service acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the Traditional Custodians of the land. The RFDS is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of healthcare. We embrace diversity and welcome all people irrespective of faith, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity.
As a condition of employment, candidates will need to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and provide proof of vaccinations or immunity against vaccine-preventable diseases such as measles, mumps, rubella, whopping cough, chicken pox, and hepatitis (A and B).