The RFDS in VIC
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
Our commitment to you
This document outlines our commitment to you, in respect of the Direct Debit Request (DDR) arrangements made between Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria (User ID 199126) and you. It sets out your rights, our commitment to you, and your responsibilities to us, and where you should go if you require assistance.
Initial terms of the arrangement
I/we request and authorise Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria, ABN 71 004 196 230 (Debit User ID 199126) to debit the account nominated. I/we agree that Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria will debit my/our nominated account on the 4th or 15th (whichever date is nominated by you during sign-up) of each month, or within thirty business working days thereafter. Direct debiting may not be available on all accounts. The amount debited from this account is subject to further instructions provided on the Direct Debit request and the terms and conditions of the Direct Debit Request Service Agreement (DDRSA). By signing this DDSA, I/we agree to the terms and conditions governing the debit arrangements between myself and Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria as set out in the DDRSA. I/w eunderstand that I/we will receive a full copy of the DDSA via email and hardcopy
• The drawing under this Direct Debit Service Request Agreement will occur within the nominated period each month.
• We will give you at least 14 days’ notice in writing when changes to the initial terms of this arrangement are made.
• If you wish to discuss any changes to the initial terms, please phone Supporter Care on 1300 669 569.
• Should your drawing be rejected by your financial institution, Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria will attempt to redraw within 30 days. At this time amounts owing will be debited.
• Please note that your bank may charge you a fee if you have insufficient funds at the time of drawing.
If you would like to make changes to the drawing arrangements, please contact Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria in writing, attention to Royal Flying Doctor Service – Supporter Care. All changes should be made known, at least 7 business days prior to the next scheduled debit date.
These changes may include:
• Deferring the drawing; or
• Changing the schedule; or
• Changing the debit amount; or
• Stopping an individual debit; or
• Suspending the DDR; or
• Cancelling the DDR completely.
Please direct all enquiries to Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria using the below contact information:
Call: 1300 669 569
Fax: 03 9429 8311
Post: PO Box 7027,
Richmond, Victoria 3121
All communication addressed to Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria should include your name, address, phone number and donor identification number if known. All personal donor information held by Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria will be kept confidential under the provisions set out in the Privacy Act, except that information provided to our financial institution to initiate the drawing amount to your nominated account, or if requested by yourself, or the financial institution in a claim for an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit.
If you believe that a drawing has been initiated incorrectly we encourage you to take the matter up directly with us by contacting us by phone: 1300 669 569 or in writing to the attention of Supporter Care at the address below. You will receive a full refund of the drawing amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the drawing.
Privacy and confidentiality
Your commitment to us
• You should check with your financial institution whether direct debit is available from your account as direct debit through BECS is not available on all accounts.
• Ensure that on the drawing date there are sufficient cleared funds in your nominated account. If the transaction is returned unpaid, we will contact you seeking your instructions;
• Advise us at least 7 days prior to the drawing date if the nominated account is transferred or closed or if the account details change. You can call us on 1300 669 569;
• Provide us with 7 days’ notice if you wish to defer, alter, suspend or cancel the automatic deduction agreement.
• Ensure that sufficient funds are available in your nominated account to meet the requirements of this Agreement on each due date. Please be aware that we cannot accept any bank charges levied by your financial institution for rejected transactions in your nominated account.
• Ensure that the authorisation you give to draw on your nominated account is identical to the account signing instructions held by your nominated financial institution at which your account is held.