The RFDS in VIC
Every year, we organise a number of exciting activities and events across Victoria.
These range from morning teas to fun runs and everything in between. We encourage everyone to get involved, as we look to connect with our community and raise vital funds for the Flying Doctor.
For further information, please contact our friendly events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on our COVIDSafe events, please scroll down.
Graphic: Going the Distance Dinner
Going the Distance Dinner 2022More details
Going the Distance Dinner
Going the Distance Dinner is a sophisticated night full of entertainment, fundraising activities and insights into the vital services that our iconic Australian charity provides. Save the date: Thursday 6 October, 2022
Our AGM Forum is a free, informative session that provides the opportunity to hear from Board, staff and partners about the RFDS achievements in the past year. The AGM forum is both an online and in person event. Save the date: Thursday 1 December, 2022
John Flynn Luncheon
Our John Flynn Luncheon celebrates the anniversary of the birth of RFDS Founder, the Reverend John Flynn.
The luncheon is a ticketed event and includes a range of speakers, entertainment, and a two course meal with beverages.
Save the date: Thursday 1 December 2022
Held in annually in Autumn, Morning Melodies welcomes attendees to enjoy a light lunch and update on RFDS activities, before experiencing a performance at the Arts Centre.
An Afternoon with the Flying Doctor
Hosted in a different Victorian town each year, An Afternoon with the Flying Doctor invites RFDS supporters to a free afternoon tea and overview of the Flying Doctor activities.
Our COVIDSafe Plan:
Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria is committed to your health and wellbeing. We will be following the advice from government and health authorities to undertake clear and considered actions to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus at our events.
Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria acknowledges that there are varied levels of comfort when attending a public event and we welcome you to contact our friendly events staff should you have any questions or concerns.
Our guests will be asked to:
- Ensure they are registered for the event prior to attending.
- Check-in via the venue’s QR code at the event for contact tracing upon arrival. Please ensure you download the Service Victoria App prior to arrival.
- Sanitise regularly with hand santisier provided.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell and get tested it you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- The Victorian Government has indicated that all attendees aged 16 and over must be fully vaccinated. Venues will request official proof of vaccination or medical exemption status from each attendee upon arrival to permit entry to the event.
For more information about COVIDSafe plans, head to the Victorian Government's website.