The RFDS in VIC
Reconciliation Action Plan - RFDS Victoria
As our commitment to progressing our National Reconciliation Action Plan, RFDS Victoria will:
- Tailor cultural awareness and cultural safety learning for all staff as part of onboarding, refresher and annual competency training;
- Deepen our relationship and engagement with VACCHO;
- Map relationships and engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stakeholders across all departments, and identify new potential partnerships for each department;
- Develop RAP resource space on our intranet;
- Organise National Reconciliation Week and NAIDOC Week events to engage all RFDS Victoria staff, and provide opportunities for staff to engage in external NRW and NAODOC Week events;
- Review all current anti-discriminatory policies and ELMO modules;
- Ensure consistent use of RFDS cultural protocols by staff;
- Ensure all RFDS offices and bases display Acknowledgement of Country signs and flags;
- Undertake a review of our recruitment and onboarding processes and develop relationships with Aboriginal owned recruitment agencies;
- Finalise our employment strategy, raising the profile of RFDS Victoria as a preferred employer among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job seekers in the health care and patient transport sectors; and
- Develop and implement a cultural leave policy.
Graphic: “Mugu-Woka Yurrtha”
Learn more about our first commissioned First Nations artwork, titled “Mugu-Woka Yurrtha”, here.