Senior Flight Physician
- Unique career opportunity
- Flexible work arrangement available
- Part time 0.5 FTE
About the RFDS (Central Operations)
We are leaders in providing aeromedical and primary health care services to people in remote, rural and regional locations across South Australia and the Northern Territory. As we head toward our 100th year of providing services, we launch a new strategic plan with a focus on becoming more specialised, more innovative and a better connected health service provider.
About this Opportunity
The Senior Flight Physician will have the opportunity to provide mentoring and direction to our team of Medical Practitioners, GP Registrars and Medical Students based in Port Augusta, South Australia. These individuals, along with our multi-discipline primary health care providers, respond to emergency evacuations, run primary health clinics and undertake remote tele-health consultations.
The role will also support the Executive General Manager of Medical and Retrieval Services in the achievement of our strategic goals, oversee clinical audits and ensure that accurate medical records are kept.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Current Fellowship with one or more of the following:
o Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACCRM) with JCCA or GEMS
o College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM)
o College of Intensive Care Medicine (FACICM)
o Royal Australian College of general Practitioners (FRACGP)
- Minimum three years’ experience in Anaesthesia and/ or Emergency medicine
- Minimum two years’ training in a critical care environment
- Comprehensive experience in procedural skills, obstetrics, resuscitation and paediatrics
- A good understanding of the principles of primary health care and emergency medicine
- Excellent leadership and development skills
- Experience supervising and mentoring GPs, Registrars and Medical Students
You will contribute to the development, implementation and delivery of alternative and innovative service delivery methodologies.
Ideally, you will also have experience in remote area medicine, along with a well-developed understanding of rural and remote Australia and the challenges of providing first class healthcare within these environments.
Why Join Us
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our purpose, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about what we do and proud of their contribution to our organisation and the communities we serve.
You’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our organisation to remain at the forefront of rural and remote health care delivery and advocacy. Importantly, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Mardi Steere 0447 674 712.
For the position description please click here.
If you are keen to work in an organisation that makes a real difference to all Australians, apply now.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer