Flight Nurse - Expressions of Interest
The Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations (RFDS WO) has an outstanding history of service and excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. As one of Australia’s most iconic brands and voted 2021’s Most Trusted Charity, every hour of every day the RFDS WO is performing lifesaving work across Western Australia.
If you're a dynamic Registered Nurse and Midwife ready for a rewarding new challenge, the RFDS has a variety of Flight Nurse roles available at all bases in WA - Jandakot, Port Headland, Broome, Kalgoorlie and Meekathara (FIFO).
You'll be working with an amazing and motivated team of professionals dedicated to providing primary care and emergency evacuations to those living and working in rural and remote areas.
• Registered Nurse and Midwife with AHPRA
• Minimum 3 years’ postgraduate experience in critical care (ED or ICU)
• Willing and able to work in an aeromedical environment in often extreme weather, extended hours
• Neonatal and paediatric experience (desirable)
• Postgraduate qualification in Critical Care (desirable)
As a valued team member who supports our 24/7 operations, you will need to work different shifts across weekdays, weekends and public holidays on both day and night shifts.
About the role
• Emergency retrieval services throughout WA
• Transferring patients
• Undertake reporting and base administration duties
• Represent the RFDS brand and reputation in the community
• $146,610 per annum salary including overtime, on call, penalties, and leave loading
• Highly subsidised furnished accommodation and utilities for rural locations
• $3,000 per annum study allowance
• Salary packaging - up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses
• Novated Lease options
• A minimum of 7 weeks’ leave per annum depending on location
• 2 year contract with possibility of extension
• Multiple opportunities available with current vacancies in all locations except Broome
• Workplace culture of team work and collaboration
We are driven by our Values of Respect, Fairness, Diversity, and Safety. We offer our team members a unique and dynamic work environment with generous salary packaging options.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
If you are successful in your application, being vaccinated against COVID-19 will be a term of your employment conditions.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.