Ambulance Transport Attendants (Casual) - Bendigo
AMBULANCE TRANSPORT ATTENDANTS
• Join Australia’s most reputable and trusted charity
• Provide high-quality patient transport care in your community
• Flexible casual positions available with salary packaging offered
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency road, aeromedical and primary health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) offers Non-Emergency Patient Transport primarily in Victoria and New South Wales. We work with a large fleet of ambulances and support our transport services with RFDS aircraft. MPC provides clinical care for people travelling from home to hospital, hospital to hospital and hospital to home, as well as transport to and from specialist clinics.
About the role
Flying Doctor Mobile Patient Care are currently seeking applications from Ambulance Attendants and Paramedics for casual positions in Bendigo.
RFDS MPC pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality patient care and treatment during the on-road transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. As a recognised leader within the Non-Emergency Patient Transport (NEPT) industry, we offer world-class, structured training and induction, opportunities for professional growth and supportive and inclusive organisational culture:
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Perform patient assessment and intervention on-road
• Provide high quality patient care and treatment during on-road transport
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with patients and stakeholders
• Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all RFDS MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
• Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
• Work collaboratively with other team members
• Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC policies and procedures and NEPT regulations to support best practice and patient outcome
Qualifications and experience required:
• Diploma of Paramedical Science (Ambulance), or
• Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedic), or
• Other equivalent qualification for Ambulance Officers recognized by RFDS or DHHS
• Evidence of successful completion of required clinical placements and a Clinical Skills Assessment, completion of a minimum of 400 hours operational stretcher experience under the direct supervision of a clinical instructor, successful completion of clinical skills assessment (e.g. stage 8), or
• Registered Nurse in the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia and who has completed an appropriate bridging course for practice in the non-emergency patient transport sector
• Experience working in the NEPT sector in an equal role desirable but not essential
• Hold a FULL Victorian Drivers licence and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions
• Availability to work across a 7-day roster
What can working for RFDS offer you:
- Work for Australia’s most reputable charity (11 out of 12 years) and most trusted charity (last 3 years)
- Work for your community providing high-quality non-emergency patient care in an organisation committed to staff and patient safety and wellbeing.
- Generous penalties and overtime allowances
- Access to salary packaging for all employees, including our casuals
- A less stressful environment than in emergency/pre-hospital care
- Supported opportunities to work at different locations across the state.
- Great parental leave benefits
- Options to work across specialist resources such as high acuity, complex patient care vehicle, and with our Non-Emergency Patient Transport aeromedical team
- An ideal steppingstone if you are considering a career in pre-hospital emergency care or as a nurse or paramedic practitioner
- 2:1 staff to patient ratio
Mandatory vaccination policy:
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide evidence of the following vaccinations:
• Hepatitis B
• Chicken Pox
• Measles, Mumps and Rubella
• Annual Influenza
• COVID-19 (2 vaccinations + booster)
All positions are subject to a National Police Check and holding a Working with Children Check
∗ Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews will commence immediately. Should you apply for a position recently appointed to, you will be added to our talent pool and notified when the next suitable position becomes available.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service, Victoria, is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of underrepresented backgrounds to apply, including but not limited to, those from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTQI communities. Please note all applicants require the right to work in Australia.