Medical Practitioner - Broome
Ever wanted to explore Western Australia’s Kimberley region? Are you dedicated to improving access to rural healthcare? Do you have a passion for exploring the great outdoors, and a commitment to making a difference in people’s lives?
The Royal Flying Doctors Service (RFDS) have been providing medical services to the West Australian people for over 90 years. As one of Australia’s most iconic brands, every hour of every day, the RFDS is performing lifesaving work. We are now looking for dedicated healthcare practitioners to join our devoted team based in Broome on a full-time basis. This is the perfect opportunity for you to explore Broome’s tropical, pristine beaches while making a difference to the wellbeing of the people in the community.
Find out what it is like to work for RFDS in Western Australia from some of our employees by selecting this link here.
Who Are We Looking For?
To be successful in this role you should have experience in the following relevant areas:
• Aeromedical retrieval
• Flying medical clinics and
• Indigenous health
• Registration, or the ability to register, with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) as a Medical Practitioner
• A minimum of five years of postgraduate experience
• Significant experience in emergency medicine, anaesthesia, and acute paediatrics
• Able to independently manage critically ill and injured patients, including procedural skills relevant to critical care medicine
• Excellent communication and teamwork
• ACEM/ANZCA/CICM/FACRRM or FRACGP or equivalent, or experienced career medical officers
• Obstetric experience
• Primary health care experience
• Experience in pre-hospital or retrieval medicine
• Experience in regional or remote medical practice
Why Join Us? With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres in regional and outback Western Australia you’ll see work and life like never before. In addition, we offer:
• Full-time role with a formal orientation program provided
• Laptop and mobile phone provided
• Professional development allowance, study leave provisions, salary packaging
• Up to 8 weeks of annual leave per year
• Housing and a motor vehicle supplied
If this role is strongly matched to your skills and experience (and you are looking for your next adventure!), please contact Lauren Dawe, People & Culture Business Partner, on (08) 9417 6355 to discuss possible opportunities. Currently we are only accepting expression of interests for Broome. To apply for this role please submit your resume outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.