Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - B1
We are currently seeking a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer B1 (LAME) to join our team based in Jandakot. This role is full-time working Monday to Friday and will be responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance on our fleet of fixed wing aircrafts.
As a B1.1 Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME) you will possess a demonstrated knowledge of aircraft maintenance documentation and traceability systems. You will have superior time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure. With the skills to work in small teams to complete tasks, you will also thrive when working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
B1.1 LAMEs with existing PC12 or PC24 type ratings will be highly sought after.
About the role
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on our PC12 and PC24 fleet
- Undertake inspections while troubleshooting and repairing to ensure compliance with regulatory standards
- Collaborate with other team members complete maintenance tasks in a timely manner
- Oversee maintenance personnel and support apprentices when required
- Document maintenance activities accurately, to ensure all records are up-to-date
- Interpret specifications/standards and written technical instructions
- Participate in aircraft recovery when necessary
- Adhere to safety protocols while promoting a culture of safety
- This role is based in Jandakot, with some occasional travel for AOG recoveries to our WA bases.
- Permanent, full-time role
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses. Plus Novated Lease options. Find out more here: maxxia.com.au
- Additional allowances for unrestricted B1.1 holders, and more than one aircraft type
- 40 hour work week - 6.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday. 2 hours a week banked to an accrued day off.
- Jandakot location with free parking
- Relocation package available
- Workplace culture of teamwork and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Our 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.