Dental Assistant (Casual)
Come and join The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) Dental Team! A unique opportunity to be a part of a team dedicated to servicing the healthcare needs of the rural and remote communities across Western Australia.
Many people living in WA's vast and remote regions do not have access to a regular dental service. RFDS delivers a free dental service to people faced with geographical and/or socioeconomic barriers, via our fly-in fly-out clinics.
We are seeking people-centred and dynamic individuals to join our Dental Team on a casual basis in the role of Dental Assistant, flying to regional locations.
About the role
- Emergency, preventative and general (non-urgent) dental health care to children and adults in designated rural and remote locations within Western Australia
- Oral advice and education
- Referral on to other services for more complex dental treatments (denture, crowns, orthodontic)
- Available to work FIFO for a minimum of one to two weeks at a time
- Certificate III or IV in Dental Assisting or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Dental Assisting
- Commitment to excellence in the delivery of dental care aligning with best practice and industry standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to maintain infection control standards in day-to-day practice.
- Ability to adapt to evolving needs of the remote/ rural clinics whilst continuing to adhere to standards.
- A keen problem solver, seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Aptitude for technology and knowledge in the use of databases, including practice management software/ systems.
- Experience or interest in working with people in indigenous health
- Remote area dental experience (desirable)
- Current drivers license
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses
- Novated Lease options
- Workplace culture of teamwork and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Our 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.