More than 600 trivia buffs tested their general knowledge in the Flying Doctor's second online quiz fundraiser spotlighting music, film and cultural touchstones throughout the decades.
'Timewarp Trivia', hosted in August, followed on from the success of 'A Night In Hollywood' - the Flying Doctor's inaugural foray into online fundraising events.
Led by quiz hosts Spence and Vikki Denny, 630 participants in 162 teams pondered questions relating to the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and 2010s.
While the leaderboard remained close throughout, Nellie's Angels emerged winners on the night.
Nellie's Angels, O'Brienators, middleagemutantninjaturtles, Flying Blind, Tom Selleck's Moustache, The Tiny Dancers, Very Stable Geniuses, E=MCHammer, Smells Like Quiz Spirit, The Brain Chamber.
Test your knowledge with sample 'Timewarp Trivia' questions!
1. After a Banksy painting sold for more than 1 million pounds, it self-destroyed via a shredder hidden in the frame. What did this mean for the painting?
A. Its value decreased by half
B. Its value increased by double
C. It wasn’t able to be sold
D. Its value increased by half
2. What year was the first iPhone released?
3. What was the name of the sheep that was cloned in 1996?
4. In the 1988 Crowded House hit, ‘Better Be Home Soon’, Neil Finn told us that the repercussions for arriving home late would be that he’ll be what?
5. Margaret Thatcher became the UK Prime Minister in which year?
6. In 1965 what was the average cost of petrol in Australia per gallon?
A. 31 cents
B. 17 cents
C. 12 cents
D. 24 cents
1B, 2A, 3C, 4B, 5C, 6A