The RFDS in WA
Facts & Figures
Facts at a glance:
- We have 18 aircraft in our fleet, 16 PC-12 turbo prop aircraft and two Rio Tinto LifeFlight PC-24 Jet aircraft.
- We have five bases across Western Australia; Broome, Kalgoorlie, Jandakot, Meekatharra and Port Hedland.
- Our services cover the 2.5 million square kilometres of Western Australia.
Our Service in the 2019/2020 financial year;
- 9,033 aeromedical retrievals, including 1,754 primary evacuations, 7,121 inter-hospital transfers and 158 repatriations.
- 1,234 patients were retrieved and aero medically treated on the Rio Tinto LifeFlight PC-24 jets from 30 June 2019 to 1 July 2020.
- 44,436 medical consultation and retrieval advice calls.
- 5,153 patients treated by the Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations at 556 clinics.
- >9,500 patients treated at 1,573 Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations facilitated clinics.
- 7.96 million kilometres was the distance travelled by the RFDS Western Operations integrated fleet.
- 16,047 landings.
Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Australia operates across the 2.5 million kilometres of the state, bringing the highest level of healthcare services to the furthest corners and communities in WA.
See the impact of our services in the seven WA regions we operate in the below infographics: