Graphic: Perth Royal Show
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (WA) is incredibly proud to come back bigger than ever before in support of the 2022 Perth Royal Show (24 September - 1 October) in the Centenary Pavilion's Farm to Food exhibit.
Graphic: Our people
Whether it's checking out our brand new hololens experience of our Rio Tinto LifeFlight PC-24 jet aircraft or having a chat with our doctors, nurses, pilots about a career with the RFDS, there are plenty of reasons to visit our exhibition at the Perth Royal Show!
Visitors are also invited to check out our PC-12 aircraft simulator which is an exact replica of the unique environment our crews work in, learn about what to expect if you ever need to fly with the RFDS, view our medical chests and select from a wide range of RFDS merchandise.
This year, in what will be an incredible sight to see, one of the RFDS' EC145 Fortescue Heli-Med Service helicopters will be landing at the showgrounds oval on Monday 26 September at 5pm.
Be sure to spread the word and come along with your family and friends! We can't wait to swap stories and thank you for your support which keeps us in the air.
With the support of the WA community, the RFDS came to the aid of nearly 10,000 people living, working and holidaying throughout Western Australia.
Where you can find us: Centenary Pavilion's ''Farm to Food" Pavilion (Map reference E6)
What time we'll be there from: 10am-6pm
Graphic: Stats and facts
Stats and Facts about the WA Flying Doctor
- In FY21-22, the RFDS travelled nearly 9,000,000kms to reach 10,000 patients across Western Australia - the world's largest and most remote health jurisdiction.
- Our services include 24-hour primary evacuations, inter-hospital transfers including COVID-19 transfers and a wide range of primary healthcare services.
- We have five bases spread throughout WA in Jandakot, Kalgoorlie, Meekatharra, Port Hedland and Broome.
- We have a fleet of 17 PC-12 turboprop aircraft, three Rio Tinto LifeFlight PC-24 jets and the latest addition to our fleet - two EC145 Fortescue Heli-Med Service aeromedical helicopters.
- Our people: The RFDS is crewed by a team of flight nurses, doctors, pilots, engineers, logisticians, paramedics, administrative and corporate staff.
- The RFDS is an aeromedical charity providing a 24-hour service to anyone in need of our care in Western Australia.