The RFDS in SA/NT
RFDS Medi-Jet 24: The ultimate flying intensive care unit
A game changer in aeromedical care, the RFDS Medi-Jet 24 slashes total mission time of long-haul/interstate evacuations and delivers three critically-ill patients the finest care in the air.
The RFDS Medi-Jet 24 packages the RFDS’ signature aeromedical interior and seamless patient loading system with the unparalleled performance and versatility of the state-of-the-art Pilatus PC-24 Super Versatile Jet.
The world’s first purpose-built aeromedical jet, the RFDS Medi-Jet 24 really is in a class of its own:
- ICU capability for three stretchered patients – enhanced response to mass casualty incidents or natural disasters
- Custom rear patient loading door – safer, quicker loading of patients and specialist medical equipment
- Built-in patient stretcher-loader – optimum patient safety and reduced risk of injury to clinicians
- Advanced bariatric solution – enhanced stretcher and stretcher-loader weight lifting capabilities
- Right-engine Quiet Power Mode – constant electrical supply and cabin conditioning whilst standing on tarmac
- Superior short-field take-off/landing – greater operational flexibility and access to regional aerodromes
- Unpaved airfield capability – unmatched airfield access and mobility in remote parts of the country
- Certified for single-pilot operation – unrivalled operational efficiency and payload carrying capability
Watch video of the first 'dirt' landing of the RFDS Medi-Jet 24 on Australian soil, performed in outback South Australia during our pre-service pilot training program.
Contact us if you would like to check whether your sealed/unsealed airstrip can be registered for aeromedical jet operations within SA/NT.
GENERAL ENQUIRIES >
1 Tower Road
Adelaide Airport SA 5950
Call (08) 8238 3333
Fax (08) 8238 3395
24-HOUR EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE >
South Australia (Outback SA) – 1800 RFDS SA (1800 733 772)
Northern Territory (Central Australia) – 1800 RFDS NT (1800 733 768)
Interstate Transfers (Hospital to Hospital) – (08) 8648 9555
Download the Capability Statement for the RFDS Medi-Jet 24.
The $13 million purchase of the RFDS Medi-Jet 24 was funded solely by the generosity of the community – our bequestors, donors, volunteers and corporate and community partners – who support us on the ground to help keep our crews in the sky.