The RFDS in SA/NT
Work with Us - Pilots
RFDS Central Operations provide a number of services including
- emergency flights for victims of accident or illness
- clinic flights to remote communities with doctors, nurses and mental health professionals
- inter-hospital transfer of patients within SA and the NT and interstate for specialist treatment or life-saving surgery
- NT Clinic Charter services which reliably and safely delivers health professionals to remote locations throughout Central Australia and
- Mental Health Outreach Program where clinicians make regular visits to remote communities in Central Australia to provide mental health care.
Our pilots assist a nursing/medical team to deliver these services throughout SA and the NT via our fleet of Pilatus PC-12 aircraft. RFDS pilots are at the forefront of aeromedical aviation and enjoy being part of a multi-disciplined crew that prides itself in providing a dedicated aeromedical and primary health care service to Central Australia.
The RFDS is always interested to receive expressions of interest from Pilots who want to join our team of dedicated professionals in providing aviation services that enable people living and working in regional, rural and remote Australia to receive health care. Motivated and experienced Pilots are encouraged to register their details to be considered for future opportunities.
Are you looking to join the team, or are you working towards your dream of becoming an RFDS Pilot? Heather Ford, Line Pilot and Matthew Cosier, Head of Training & Checking share their experience in our short videos.