The Research and Policy Unit hosts the Royal Flying Doctor Service's Clinical and Health Services Research Committee.
The Committee comprises a mixture of staff and independent members each with specific clinical, research, Indigenous or health consumer expertise in remote and rural health. The Committee's role is to identify need for, and conduct clinical and health services research projects to benefit health service delivery and health outcomes in remote and rural areas. For more information about the Committee, including our research priorities, click here.
Members of the Clinical Research Committee are:
- Dr Martin Laverty - Chief Executive Officer, RFDS Federation Office (Chair)
- Dr Lara Bishop - Director of Research and Projects, RFDS Federation Office
- Ms Fiona Browning - Consumer representative
- Mr Trent Dean - Head of Clinical Governance, RFDS Queensland
- Dr John Fisher - Clinical Lead - GP Services, RFDS Western Operations
- Dr Fergus Gardiner - Manager of Research & Policy
- Dr Randall Greenberg - Chief Medical Officer, RFDS South Eastern Section
- Professor John Gleeson - Professor of Psychology, School of Psychology, Australian Catholic University, National Head, School of Psychology Australian Catholic University
- Dr Abby Harwood - Chief Medical Officer, RFDS Queensland
- Dr Andrew Hooper - Head of Medical, RFDS Western Operations
- Professor Leigh Kinsman - Joint Chair, Professor of Evidence Based Nursing, University of Newcastle and Mid-North Coast Local Health District
- Dr Bas Kirmani - Medical Practitioner, RFDS Central Operations
- Ms Margaret Kuhne - General Manager, Primary Health Care, RFDS Victorian Section
- Professor David Lyle - Professor of Rural Health, Broken Hill Department of Rural Health, Head of Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney Board Member, RFDS South Eastern Section
- Dr Morton Rawlin - Medical Director, RFDS Victorian Section
- Dr Lorikia Strickland - Dentist, RFDS Tasmania
- Ms Kylie Stothers - Workforce Development Officer, Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Dr Phil Tideman - Clinical Director, Integrated Cardiovascular Clinical Network SA Member, Clinical Governance Committee of Country Health SA Hospital Incorporated Board Member, RFDS Central Operations
The Clinical Research Committee is facilitated by Dr Lara Bishop, who can be contacted on 02 6269 5500 or by email.