Bushfire Recovery Counselling and Support
Free and confidential counselling and support is now available for individuals, families and emergency service workers affected by the bushfires in East Gippsland.
Access up to 10 free and confidential counselling appointments without a GP referral.
During COVID-19, counselling and support is available via telephone and video. Local face-to-face appointments are available at some sites and will resume across all sites as restrictions ease.
Those people who have been impacted by the bushfires are encouraged to reach out and make an appointment if they are:
- Feeling stressed, worried, anxious or overwhelmed
- Feeling flat, exhausted or depressed
- Experiencing family stress or relationship difficulties
- Having difficulty sleeping
- Experiencing distress or bad memories that impact on your daily activities
- Feeling a sense of panic, loss or anger
- Withdrawing from usual activities
- Feeling teary, numb or detached.
If you are experiencing these, or other symptoms, there is support available.
To make an appointment or to find out more:
Phone: 1800 001 068
This service is delivered by the Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria and Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV). This service is funded by the Gippsland Primary Health Network, which is leading the mental health response to bushfire-affected areas of Gippsland.
Download our FREE 'My Wellbeing: Tips to stay healthy' developed by our Mental Health Clinicians and partners at RAV.