The Royal Flying Doctor Service was born after it flew its first mission in May 1928 flying 137 kilometres form Cloncurry, Queensland to Julia Creek in a single engine biplane named Victory.
Now RFDS is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world, providing extensive primary health care and 24-hour emergency service to people over an area of 7.69 million square kilometres.
Nationally RFDS care for over 300,000 patients each year, operate 26 aeromedical bases across Australia and maintain a fleet of 69 aircraft. You can show your support by joining the Ground Crew team for Run Melbourne.
Ground Crew Charity Champion Runner – What’s in it for you?
- FREE ENTRY into the 2018 Run Melbourne
- Event day assistance and support from Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Starting from the head of the pack in the charity start zone
- Your own Ground Crew 2018 running singlet to train and run in
- Fundraising medal for all team members raising over $1000
- A PDF training guide
- Free official race photo package
- Inclusion in Champion runner prize draw
- Free iTab
- Free results SMS
- One-to-one continuous fundraising support from the Ground Crew team
- A sense of community and team spirit as you unite other like-minded champions in delivering extensive primary health care and 24-hour emergency service
Not ready to be a Fundraising Champion? General entries are also available for runners.
As a General Entrant member you’ll receive:
• A Ground Crew running singlet when you raise $100 or over
• Fundraising support from our dedicated team to help you reach your goal
Note: General Entrants will need to purchase a Run Melbourne entry.
Need more training or fundraising advice, or have a question? We’re here for you – just call us on 1300 669 569, or email email@example.com