The RFDS in SA/NT
Community Health Services Directory
This comprehensive directory of community health services is designed to support members of our community access services in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
24-hour medical and emergency assistance
- SA (Outback Areas): 1800 RFDS SA
- NT (Central Australia): 000
- NT (Top End/Darwin): 000
- HF Radio: (4010kHz, 6890kHz or 8165kHz)
- Satellite Telephone: 08 8648 9555 or +61 1800 RFDS SA (+61 1800 733 772)
RFDS Community Health Services
The RFDS is committed to delivering whole-of-life community health services to help outback, rural and remote Australians live happier and healthier lives.
Our Community Health Services are delivered by a team of experienced and professional doctors, nurses and allied health clinicians who specialise in rural and remote health.
Our services include: Sexual Health; Mental Health & Wellbeing; Aboriginal Health; Women's Health, Pregnancy & Midwifery; Children's Health; Men's Health; Aging Well; Medication Management; Health Education & Remote First Aid Training; Dental & Oral Health; Allied Health (Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nutrition & Dietetics); Vaccinations
Additional Community Health Services
24/7 social crisis services
- 1800RESPECT: 24/7 national online and phone clinic providing safe, confidential information, counselling and support services for people impacted by domestic violence, family violence, sexual assault and rape.
CALL: 1800 RESPECT
- 13YARN: 24/7 national crisis support line designed and led by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for Mob who are feeling overwhelmed or having difficulty coping.
- Lifeline: national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
CALL: 13 11 14
Community support services
- Headspace: free online and phone service that supports young people aged between 12 and 25 and their families going through a tough time.
CALL: 1800 650 890
- Beyondblue: provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health, whatever their age and wherever they live.
CALL: 1300 22 4636
- MensLine Australia: professional phone and online support and information service for Australian men.
CALL: 1300 78 9978
- SANE Australia: provides information about mental illness, treatments, where to go for support and help for carers.
CALL: 1800 18 7263
- Support after Suicide: provides information, resources, counselling and group support to those bereaved by suicide. Education and professional development to health, welfare and education professionals.
CALL: (03) 9421 7640
Diversity and inclusion support services
- QLife: provides anonymous and free LGBTQI+ peer support for people in Australia wanting to talk about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships.
CALL: 1800 184 527
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National): interpreting service provided by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for people who do not speak English and for agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients.
CALL: 13 14 50
- National Relay Service: provides service access for deaf and hearing impaired people.
CALL: 133 677
- Vision Australia, supporting people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose.
CALL: 1300 84 74 66
Learn more about how the RFDS supports its patients and communities in SA/NT.