The RFDS in QLD
RFDS Local Hero Awards
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) wants to thank and acknowledge those outstanding individuals who tirelessly and selflessly support the work of the Flying Doctor.
Behind the scenes there is an army of invisible volunteers and community minded people. These people are unspoken heroes.
Whether it is maintaining airstrips, making blankets and teddies for premature babies, transporting our medical team from a local airstrip to a community clinic, fundraising, supporting the health needs of the community by taking responsibility for the community medical chest, keeping up to date with first aid and being first on the scene to assist in an emergency – providing support to our medical team during an emergency.
The general public/residents are encouraged to nominate themselves or someone they know who meet the following criteria:
The nominee has consistently supported the work of the Flying Doctor in their community or by fundraising for the RFDS.
2. Good Samaritan
In an exceptional case of selflessness, the nominee assisted a patient before the RFDS arrived, or followed directions for an RFDS clinician during a medical emergency.
3. Community Health Care
Actively encourages their community to lead a healthy lifestyle and to use the primary health care services provided by the RFDS in their community.
- A person can nominate an individual or family member. If a person would like to nominate themselves, then a referee from the RFDS is required.
- To highlight the wonderful contribution this individual has made as a 'Local Hero', please submit a 300 word description detailing how the nominee meets one or all of the above criteria.
- Please note: It is a condition of entry that nominees participate in publicity opportunities.
* required fields
Or you can download a nomination form below and email or post it back to us.
Post: RFDS Brisbane Base - 12 Casuarina Street, Brisbane Airport, QLD 4008
- Nominations Open: 1st March
- Nominations Closed: 1st April
- Judging Concludes: 17th April
- Winners Notified: 26th April
One winner will be chosen for each of our nine Queensland bases, their award will be announced at a celebratory morning tea on Flying Doctor Day, Tuesday May 17 at the RFDS Base.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0407 595 014.
Before submitting a nomination please read the Terms and Conditions below.