The RFDS in QLD
Become a Mental Health Clinician at headsapce Cairns
A rewarding job
A challenging job
Graphic: plane in cairns
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) headspace Cairns team are passionate about providing professional, flexible and unique therapies in a youth friendly environment.
They are dedicated, collaborative and able to adapt to varying situations where the ability to broaden skills and experience is encouraged.
Work in a role where no two days are the same.
headspace Cairns is operated by Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section).
All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care.
headspace Cairns is a welcoming, safe space for young people aged between 12 and 25 providing access, support and information for a broad range of concerns, including:
- mental health
- physical health
- sexual health
- drugs and alcohol
- employment and study
- education and support for families and carers
What does it take to be a Mental Health Clinician – headspace Cairns?
- headspace Cairns is staffed by a dedicated team of health professionals who are passionate about making sure the support we provide is youth friendly
- You have the ability to build relationships with those around them
- You have excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in engaging with young people and advocating on their behalf
- Background in community engagement, employment or education
- Paid employee Blue Card
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology, Mental Health Nursing, Occupational Therapy or Social Work from a recognised tertiary institution
- Have a current AHPRA or AASW professional registration (Provisional Psychologists are encouraged to apply)
- Experience in mental health assessment and coordination of access to appropriate services
- Experience in the provision of mental health services to young people, and their families Knowledge of contemporary evidence-based therapeutic interventions
Graphic: photo of group learning LR
Benefits of working at RFDS
- You’ll be supported in a diverse, flexible work environment that encourages professional development and structured clinical support
- Work with a team who are passionate about mental health
- Broaden your experience in a role that is different from what traditional mental health jobs would look like
- Freedom and scope to do more in your role
- A great culture and team
- Work under very experienced senior clinicians who you can learn from
Graphic: training at rfds
Development Opportunities at headspace Cairns
- Training and education opportunities include professional development sessions once a month for all salaried staff
- A clinical educator presents on a topic each Monday
- Opportunity for supervision consults which can be classed as AHPRA supervision
- headspace national provide education through headspace national newsletters
- Budget for professional development
- Plenty of education/training opportunities offered
Roles with headspace Cairns are based at 2/42 Grafton Street, Cairns City.