Become an RFDS Medical Officer - Telehealth
A rewarding career
This section is a placeholder for the EVP statement which is being developed.
Embrace our culture of innovation to drive growth, create value and lead the future of virtual health delivery to those living in remote parts of Queensland.
The RFDS (Queensland Section) operates one of the world’s most expansive telehealth services, offering unparalleled access to healthcare for those living in rural and remote Queensland.
The telehealth service is an integrated healthcare system, spanning from Primary Health Care to aeromedical retrievals and supported by a network of medical chests. Accessible via mobile, landline, and satellite communications, you will be part of a service that ensures that help is available virtually anywhere.
Enhancing its reach, the RFDS (Queensland Section) now extends its services to complex logistical locations. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will deliver telehealth services to a diverse patient base, encompassing environments as varied as maritime vessels with medical chests, isolated cattle stations, and distant mining sites.
The team are continuing to expand their reach through new virtual health services.
What does it take to be a RFDS Medical Officer - Telehealth?
- Registration with AHPRA as Medical Practitioner
- Fellowship of the RACGP or ACRRM
- 5+ years of post-graduate experience
- Ability to meet Medical Officer– PHC credentialing requirements
- Respectful understanding of cultural diversity, including traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander views of health
- Expert communicator with a compassionate phone manner
- Adaptability to utilise skills and knowledge in a diverse setting
Benefits of working for the RFDS
- Work in a rewarding role delivering medical care in a complex clinical & logistical environment
- Every day will be different from the last as you provide essential services to patients who otherwise would be unable to access care
- Work in one of the world’s oldest and most comprehensive telehealth services, including a unique medical chest program
- Be part of a rapidly growing form of healthcare that is constantly evolving.
Extra benefits of working for the RFDS
- An attractive remuneration package from $250,000 - $334,000, rewarding additional qualifications and years of experience
- The opportunity to work from home
- Extensive and supportive orientation, training and development programs
- We are committed to supporting your professional development through paid study leave and an annual professional development allowance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program Advice for staff and their families
Where you could work
RFDS (Queensland Section) Medical Officers - Telehealth have access to an RFDS base and have flexible work arrangements to work from home.