The Royal Flying Doctor Service Victoria is exploring options to deliver a new healthcare model in North West Victoria. Partnering with local health organisations the Flying Doctor is committed to providing care to people in outlying communities that have complex care needs.
The Flying Doctor is well advanced in developing a care model that will:
- prioritise people living in small, underserved rural communities
- provide the ‘wrap-around’ care for those with complex needs
- deliver values based care by trusted locals
- be truly interdisciplinary, embracing emerging professions such as Rural Nurse Practitioners
- embrace technologies such as telehealth
- help clinicians build skills and confidence
In early 2019 RFDS will be undertaking further consultations and discussions with interested parties.
RFDS plans to hold information sessions in early February, but in the meantime, we invite you to speak to one of our senior personnel to learn more about this opportunity.
Please enter your details below or contact: Margaret Kuhne, General Manager Primary Health Care, RFDS Victoria by January 30th, 2019.
P: 0409 644 341* required fields