Workforce Planning and Rostering Specialist
As a Workforce Planning and Rostering Specialist you will play a pivotal role in enabling the introduction of a dedicated rostering management system within RFDS Western Operation and will be the primary source of knowledge and expertise. You will partner with line managers across departments to empower efficient and effective aeromedical roster management. The Workforce Planning and Rostering Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring that roster management practices, procedures and systems unify inter-department planning and consistency in the rostering process.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating workforce rosters, asset utilisation or resource scheduling.
- Previous experience in rostering software deployment and ongoing usage.
- Experience with change management and communication.
- Ability to develop and deliver training.
- A collaborative approach to relationship building.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and meet individual accountabilities.
- Experience working with multiple departments to guide and support roster decisions.
- Excellent decision making and organisational skills.
- Focus on process improvement, feedback and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in multitasking and having the ability to make optimal decisions in a timely manner.
- Understanding of National Employment Standards, Enterprise Agreements, Awards and National Employment Standards.
- Qualifications in business, logistics or administration would be desirable.
About the role
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) to lead the development and implementation of the Workforce Management module of Ceridian Dayforce.
- Perform all User Acceptance (UAT) testing of the Workforce Management module.
- Participate in Process Improvement Reviews (PIR) once the system is deployed.
- Establish analytics to support analysis of rostering fulfilment, costs and opportunities.
- Coordinate the synchronisation of roster cycles.
- Provide support to other Departments with rostering practices.
- Guide and support Departments in ensuring that employee’s rostered shifts are entered into the applicable roster data system.
- Working with the relevant Department, coordinate approval, verification and implementation of eligible roster changes.
- Document and report on inter-department planning outcomes and recommendations.
- Develop and provide education, training and awareness on roster management practices, processes and system applications.
- Full-time role, initially for 12 months with possibility of extension
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses
- Novated Lease options
- Hybrid work environment and flexible hours (work from home options available)
- Jandakot based office
- Free parking
- Workplace culture of teamwork and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Our 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.