Team Leader - eHealth
Proudly serving Australians since 1928 and voted Australia’s most reputable charity 8 years in a row, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and primary health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
Due to growth within our Primary Health team, RFDS Victoria are excited to announce a new opportunity within the organisation for an eHealth Team Leader. Reporting to the Health Services Manager – eHealth, the eHealth Team Leader will oversee the coordination and manage the delivery of the Flying Doctor Telehealth and Patient Monitoring services across Victoria with a key focus on the planning, implementation and evaluation of these programs.
The successful applicant will be responsible for establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with a variety of community and program stakeholders and ensuring each program meets its objectives. Occasional travel to regional communities will be required as we continue to engage external stakeholders and grow our eHealth delivery services across the state; a key component of this role will be identifying areas of potential growth and business development. Strong computer skills and troubleshooting abilities will be essential to assist with the facilitation of appointment scheduling and bookings within the programs, as will exceptional customer service and communication skills to ensure service users and stakeholders receive the highest level of patient-centric service that RFDS prides itself on.
- Supervision of program support staff
- Manage the activity of health care practitioners, and facilitate appointment scheduling, ensuring accurate tracking of bookings
- Development and management of procedures, protocols, forms, data sheets, reporting tools/ systems and marketing materials
- Management and evaluation of consumer and stakeholder feedback
- Working with external partners to deliver services including assisting with promotion of programs to patients, stakeholders and other relevant parties
- Support and drive grown in the Telehealth service with partner sites including providing a culturally safe service for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander populations
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and lead the implementation, operations and evaluation of a new health monitoring program
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification or extensive experience in a health discipline, social sciences, business or related field
- Demonstrated experience in project or program coordination and management
- Experience in managing logistics, deadlines and resources
- Excellent written communication skills including working with data and producing reports
- Demonstrated understanding in the administration and management of appointment books
The successful candidate will be joining a supportive and close knit team who are passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of rural Victorians and improving accessibility to health services where they’re most needed.
Please note that this role will require occasional travel across the state and as such a driver’s licence will be essential.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please supply a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the position via the Apply Now.
RFDS VIC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.