Senior Media and Communications Coordinator
The RFDS WO Senior Media and Communications Coordinator role is among the most rewarding media and communications roles in WA.
Your job will be to meet and tell the stories of people whose lives have been changed by the Flying Doctor – our patients, our people and our supporters. You will build relationships with our pilots, engineers, doctors and nurses; and develop a thorough understanding of our operations across WA. You will protect and promote the reputation of the RFDS in our community and among our stakeholders.
You also are the primary contact for media enquiries, which could be anything from checking on a shark bite victim from Exmouth, to arranging the RFDS helicopter to deliver Santa to the roof of Perth Children’s Hospital in time for the 6pm news (true story). You will create content of all kinds, from video to web content, and socials media to award submissions. As part of the Communications and Marketing Team, you will help the wider RFDS team with their presentations and speeches to make them sound great.
We have a patient waiting room that covers over 2.5 million square kilometres which is content-rich and picturesque, and the contribution you will make to amplify our stories is to the benefit of all Western Australians.
About the role
- Develop, implement and evaluate the RFDS (WO) Media and Communications Plan.
- Plan and deliver the media and communications requirements.
- Manage the accuracy and quality of content.
- Monitor and report on outcomes of Media and Communications activity.
- Respond to all media enquiries.
- Build and maintain collaborative media relationships.
- Monitor the media and stakeholder environment to determine PR opportunities and issues.
- Develop and publish media releases, statements and/or alerts.
- Prepare media briefs and prepare spokespeople for interviews.
- Manage media events.
- Manage the development and quality of RFDS corporate publications, video and photo library, speeches, presentations, and other multi-media content.
- Contribute to RFDS (WO) social media – including planning, content and monitoring.
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and relevance of content on the RFDS customer-facing websites.
- Ensure corporate adherence to the RFDS Style Guide.
- Degree qualification (or) significant relevant industry and positional experience.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in a similar field (media, corporate communications, journalism).
- Excellent writing and editorial skills across multiple channels, formats, and audiences, including intranet, EDMs, websites, presentations, speeches, social media, reports and internal correspondence.
- Experience in the development of video and photography assets (in-house and outsourced), including liaising with suppliers, developing video briefs and scripts, talent management, shoot day management, overseeing postproduction, and distribution of final assets.
- Experience working with graphic designers and other marketing suppliers.
- Thorough knowledge of the Western Australian media landscape.
- Confidence to solicit and develop RFDS patient stories and pitch to media.
- Strong relationship management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Confident speaking and presentation skills.
- Experienced, proficient and confident user of Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to flexible working hours. This role requires occasional work outside normal working hours including monitoring of media phone outside business hours.
- “C’ Class Driver’s Licence.
- Permanent, full-time role
- Salary packaging - up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses
- Novated Lease options
- Hybrid work environment and flexible hours (work from home options available)
- Jandakot based office
- Workplace culture of teamwork and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Its 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.