Senior Health Services Manager
About the Company
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aero medical and health services for people in rural and remote Australia. RFDS Victoria supports the work of the Flying Doctor throughout Australia and is also growing its services across the State.
In Victoria the RFDS works in partnership with a number of community health organisations across the State to improve the health and well-being of our rural and regional communities. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services. Each year we come into contact with over 30,000 patients throughout Victoria, this includes primary health care and transport by air or on the road.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager for Primary Health, the Senior Health Services Manager will be responsible for taking a strategic and operational approach to planning, implementing and managing the organisation’s rural workforce development area which is integral to our vision to bring health care services to those who are otherwise unable to access them.
This role will be responsible for the strategic oversight and operational management of the Primary Health workforce programs and services, including a new model of care for the delivery of primary care services in rural and regional locations. Working extensively with local stakeholders including government entities, public and private health services and private health providers, the Senior Health Services Manager will work to establish and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships.
The successful candidate will be required to have:
- Experience in health systems analysis and excellent knowledge of the primary health and GP sector.
- The ability to work autonomously in a collaborative manner across numerous business units while to positively influencing and managing teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, consult, build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholder groups.
- The ability to be adaptable, have excellent organisational skills, personal drive and integrity and a proven ability to prioritise tasks.
Key Selection Criteria
Please respond to the following Key Selection Criteria (no more than two pages).
- Tertiary qualification which includes one or more of the following:
- Health discipline
- Health service management & planning
- Extensive experience in the development and/or management of GP services
- Substantial experience in the management of people
- Proven ability to coach and manage others
- Extensive experience in building relationships with a wide variety of health care sector stakeholders
- A ‘solutions focused’ approach to problem solving
You will be joining an energetic and supportive team who are passionate and motivated to improve the health and well being of rural Victorians. Please note that this role will require regular travel across Victoria.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and exciting employee benefits. If this sounds like the job for you please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined above by COB Thursday 13th December, 2018.
For a copy of the PD please follow the link below.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.