Senior Community Engagement Coordinator
This is a position for a vibrant, people loving Community Engagement practitioner to join our team at the Flying Doctors - Australia’s most trusted charity.
We welcome applications from experienced Community Engagement professionals for a full time, permanent position in the RFDS Communications and Giving team to coordinate, plan and report on the community engagement strategy and nurture and manage relationships with community organisations and other supporters located throughout Western Australia.
About the role
- Develop, coordinate, and evaluate an annual community engagement strategy reaching and supporting community fundraisers located across WA
- Plan and deliver internal celebrations and external events;
- Develop and support community fundraising on behalf of the RFDS by:
- Providing logistical, promotion and other support for signature fundraising events
- Maintaining and building relationships with event and/or fundraising project hosts
- Overseeing external fundraising events to ensure high standards of integrity, brand management and approved process (i.e. Authority to fundraise approvals)
- Developing and managing digital platforms to support peer-to-peer fundraising
- Stewarding regional fundraising auxiliaries, the Friends of the RFDS and other key supporters
- Assisting to manage and develop relationships with community organisations, corporate partners, donors, key stakeholders and other supporters
- Support grant applications, fundraising appeals and campaigns as required.
- Degree qualification or a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- Membership of the Fundraising Institute of Australia (or able to obtain)
- Confident speaking and presentation skills
- Sound budget tracking and management skills
- Proficient and confident user of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of CRM systems
This role is well suited to a professional whose background includes community relations; community development; community fundraising and/or rural and regional public relations.
Permanent, full-time role
Salary packaging - up to $15,900 per annum for everyday expenses and up to $2,650 per annum on meals and entertainment expenses
Novated Lease options
Hybrid work environment and flexible hours (work from home options available)
Jandakot based office
Workplace culture of teamwork and collaboration
The mission of the Royal Flying Doctor Service (Western Operations) is to provide excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia. Every member of the RFDS WO team contributes to that mission and living our values of showing respect, demonstrating fairness, utilising diversity and being safe. Every year, the RFDS WO provides urgent retrieval for about 10,000 patients in regional WA. A further 10,000 appointments are provided in primary healthcare clinics in remote communities, including GP, nurse, dental and mental health care. RFDS crews are committed to providing the finest care to the furthest corners of the State, using the highest standards of clinical care, aviation safety and technology to make a difference to people living and working across WA – the largest and most remote health jurisdiction in the world.
The RFDS in WA operates five bases in Perth, Broome, Port Hedland, Kalgoorlie and Meekatharra. Its 24/7 operations centre at Jandakot Airport coordinates complex logistics for patient retrievals and clinics across the State. We work in partnership with government, business and the community, and are proud to work on Country with Aboriginal medical services and many local service providers.
Submit your resume and cover letter by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply. Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.