Known to many as ‘The Silver City’, Broken Hill is Australia’s first Heritage Listed city. The community has significant ties to a long-lived Aboriginal heritage and is a famous for many cinematic productions and the pivotal role that it has played in the mining industry. Broken Hill has a welcoming culture and a vivacious social environment that caters to all walks of life – it is truly an oasis in the outback.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) South Eastern Section and the Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) are committed to the development and evolution of Rural Generalism. We have developed a cross organisational position for Rural Generalist’s. This is a new initiative and we are now seeking expressions of interest from Fellowed practitioners who may be interested in this new and unique opportunity.
Based in Broken Hill, the Rural Generalist will practice at the RFDS and at the Broken Hill Base hospital on a 7 day, 8 week roster across the two organisations. At the RFDS you will work with a committed team of general practitioners in the delivery of primary health care services from our Clive Bishop Medical Centre, and at our remote community clinics. You will participate in the RFDS emergency retrieval roster where you will use your pre-hospital emergency care, anaesthetic and telehealth skills. At the Far West Local Health District, you will work at the modern Broken Hill Base hospital in your speciality area of Emergency, or Anaesthetics.
Qualifications / Experience that we are looking for:
- FRACGP or FACRRM or equivalent
- Significant experience in critical care medicine, particularly advanced airway and vascular skills
- Significant professional interest in primary health care in rural and remote communities, particularly in the management of chronic illness
- Commitment to the Rural Generalist pathway
What we Offer:
- Exceptional professional satisfaction in a unique work environment
- Cash component salary between $228,000 to $304,893 pa dependent upon experience, with the ability to salary package
- Total remuneration (cash and non-cash components) between $276,848 to $353,742 pa
- Fully furnished housing provided and relocation expenses reimbursed
- Two weeks’ study leave and six weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Access to regular medical training and a dedicated individual budget for professional development
- Personal access to GP Rural Incentive Program Guidelines
- Professional subscription coverage
For more information about this opportunity, including access to the position description, case number information and roster please contact RFDS’s Health Workforce Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To express your interest: Email your resume, cover letter and credentials to email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, 27th September 2019
The RFDS of Australia and the Far West Local Health District are Equal Opportunity Employers