Broken Hill (New South Wales)
Known to many as ‘The Silver City’, Broken Hill is Australia’s first Heritage Listed city. The community has significant ties to a long-lived Aboriginal heritage and is a famous for many cinematic productions and the pivotal role that it has played in the mining industry. Broken Hill has a welcoming culture and a vivacious social environment that caters to all walks of life – it is truly an oasis in the outback.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) South Eastern Section and the Far West Local Health District (FWLHD) are committed to the development and evolution of Rural Generalism. With the support of the Sydney University School of Rural Health, we have developed a cross organisational position of Rural Generalist. This is a new initiative, and we are now seeking expressions of interest from Fellowed practitioners who may be interested in this new and unique opportunity.
Based in Broken Hill, the Rural Generalist will practice at the RFDS and at the Broken Hill Base Hospital. At the RFDS you will work with a committed team of general practitioners in the delivery of primary health care services from our Clive Bishop Medical Centre, and at our remote community clinics. Opportunities also exist to participate in the RFDS emergency retrieval roster where you will use your pre-hospital emergency care, anaesthetic and telehealth skills. At the Far West Local Health District, you will work at the modern Broken Hill Base hospital in your speciality area of Emergency medicine, or Anaesthetics or Obstetrics.
Qualifications / Experience that we are looking for:
- FRACGP or FACRRM or equivalent
- Vocational registration
- Advanced skills in Emergency medicine, Anaesthetics or Obstetrics
- For Emergency retrieval, significant experience in critical care medicine, particularly advanced airway and vascular skills
- Significant professional interest in primary health care in rural and remote communities
What we Offer:
- Exceptional professional satisfaction in a unique work environment
- Competitive salary with the ability to salary sacrifice
- Access to housing, and relocation expenses reimbursed
- Personal access to GP Rural Incentive Program Guidelines
For more information about this opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by: Friday 27 November 2020.
The RFDS of Australia and the Far West Local Health District are Equal Opportunity Employers