Quality Assurance Advisor
Proudly serving Australians since 1928 and voted Australia’s most reputable charity 8 years in a row, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and primary health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
The Flying Doctors Victoria are excited to be seeking a passionate and proactive Quality and Assurance Advisor (QAA) to join our Corporate Services team based in Richmond. This part-time (0.6FTE) position will have a focus on supporting the continuous quality and regulatory improvement activities of the RFDS by advising and assisting with quality system implementations, OH&S and risk management.
Reporting to the Quality and Impact Manager, the QAA will assist management teams in their adherence to relevant governance and organisational requirements including achieving National Safety and Quality in Health Service Standards (NSQHS) accreditation. The successful candidate will ensure a robust risk management framework is maintained across the organisation, examine develop and evaluate systems to ensure effectiveness and conduct and/or facilitate internal audits of clinical and quality systems.
This position requires strong multi-tasking, organisation and IT skills as well as well-rounded written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with staff across a dispersed workforce. Demonstrated experience working within a Quality and Risk framework will be essential to success in this role
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of document control systems for quality and clinical documentation.
- Examine, develop and evaluate systems to ensure effectiveness of organisational protocols.
- Monitor, track and oversee evaluation of hazards, incidents and feedback.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of clinical and quality compliance regulations and standards, including NSQHS standards.
- Support the Quality and Impact Manager in providing relevant reports and information to the Clinical Governance Committee and Clinical Safety & Quality Committee.
- Overseeing of project work across different apartments within the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant qualifications and/or substantial work experience exhibiting a track record in quality management
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality systems used to review, monitor and evaluate health services performance including NSQHS and ISO9001
- Sound knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation strategies to monitor and report the performance of quality improvement
- Experience in project and quality management including systems, process and behavioral change
- Demonstrated experience performing internal quality audits and quality risk assessments
The successful candidate will be joining a supportive and close knit team who are passionate about improving the health and well-being of rural Victorians and strengthening the culture of quality across the organisation. Please note that this role may require occasional travel across the state and as such a driver’s licence will be essential.
If this sounds like the role for you please supply a copy of your resume and a cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for the position and answering the question “What does quality mean to you, and how do you see this applying to the Flying Doctors?”
Applications close COB Friday the 23rd of August, however applications will be assessed as received and RFDS reserves the right to close the position earlier if the right candidate is found.