Quality and Safety Officer
Quality and Safety Officer
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, we deliver extensive health care and 24-hour emergency service to those who live in and travel through remote, rural and regional Australia.
Royal Flying Doctor Service (South Eastern Section) is now seeking applications for the full-time position of Quality and Safety Officer (QSO) based in the Sydney office.
Working directly with the Head of Risk and Assurance the QSO is responsible for supporting the business to deliver quality outcomes safely. The QSO assists the Risk and Assurance Group in safety promotion, risk management, action tracking and training activities across the RFDSSE.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is creative, forward thinking and result orientated with the desire to work in a rewarding and challenging environment. This exciting role offers an attractive salary package including access to generous salary packaging options.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Sound understanding of quality, risk and safety management systems in an aviation or other transport environment
- Have at least 12-months experience working in a transport related organisation
- Advanced computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) Act and Regulations in respect to aircraft maintenance, flight operations and safety management systems
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 31000: 2009 standards
- Aptitude for technology, with experience in multiple software applications and/or business information systems
- Have effective analytical, problem solving skills and make good decisions, often at short notice
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently on individual assignments or team projects without direct supervision
- Willingness to travel to regional and remote locations
For more details about the position and to discuss your interest, please contact Head of Risk and Assurance - Sarah Wills via email email@example.com or 0430 491 297
Email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday, 15 December 2019
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
RFDSSE is an equal opportunity employer