Quality and Change Management Coordinator
- Work for Australia’s most reputable charity!
- 1 FTE, permanent, Adelaide
- Free parking, hybrid working arrangements and salary packaging options available!
About the Royal Flying Doctor Service South Australia / Northern Territory (RFDS SA/NT)
We are trusted leaders in providing aeromedical and primary health care services to people in remote, rural and regional locations across South Australia and the Northern Territory. Our five-year Strategic Plan is focused on growing as an innovative, responsive and better-connected health service provider for all Australians.
Watch stories about our people, patients and the communities we serve at finestcare.com.au
About this Opportunity
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, as the Quality and Change Management Coordinator, you will be responsible for quality and change management within the engineering section.
We believe our people – all of our people – keep the Royal Flying Doctor Service flying.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the quality function within RFDS SA/NT engineering.
- Monitor RFDS SA/NT aircraft maintenance practices and processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and report on compliance to AS 9110 C certification requirements.
- Undertake quality and engineering process audits.
- Liaise with Senior Base Engineers to develop actions plans to address any identified non-compliance issues.
- Develop, review and amend maintenance organisation procedures documentation where required.
- Assist RFDS SA/NT to achieve CASR Part 145 approval including the development of the Exposition.
- Develop and oversee an Apprentice Competency Development program.
- Develop change management plans for engineering projects and work with engineering team leaders to implement these plans.
- Provide project management support for key projects.
- Where required, investigate engineering related safety or quality incidents, and work with engineering management to formulate effective action plans to address/ mitigate identified issues or concerns.
- Provide input into the Non-Technical Skills/ Human Factors Training curriculum for engineering personnel.
- Review and propose system / practice improvements to achieve environmental sustainability.
- About you
- You have:
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- A thorough knowledge of CASA Car 30 and preferably Part 145 regulatory requirements
- Experience developing and writing technical procedures.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Experience developing change management plans for complex projects.
- Experience investigating safety and quality incidents.
- A thorough understanding of Human Factors principles in an engineering environment
- Experience performing quality audits in an engineering setting
- Well-developed report writing skills.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- High levels of initiative and drive.
- To be considered for the role you require the following formal qualifications:
Certificate/Diploma in Quality Auditing.
Cert IV in Training and Assessing.
As part of our team, you can expect to be provided with challenging, interesting work and be supported to achieve your best. The RFDS offers a supportive environment where our people are valued, and professional development is encouraged. In addition, we also offer:
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Free onsite parking.
- Remote allowances for working in rural and remote areas
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive orientation program for new starters
- Generous annual salary packaging options to reduce your taxable income including:
packaging up to $15, 899 of your salary towards loans, rent and bills
packaging of an additional $2,650 of your salary via a meal and entertainment card.
- Further Information
- To access the position description, please click here.
For a confidential discussion in relation to the position, please contact Tony Mansueto, Head of Engineering via 08 8238 3377.
For a confidential discussion in relation to the recruitment process, please contact Emily Pickles, People and Culture Coordinator via (08) 8238 3351.
Applications close at 11:59pm on 23 February 2024.
Please note that we are unable to accept late applications, or applications submitted via email.
The RFDS has mandatory vaccination requirements. Please contact us if you would like to know more.
Please note, we reserve the right to appoint to the position before the published closing date. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an application as early as possible!
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is an equal opportunity employer that fosters a positive culture and offers a diverse, safe and supportive work environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants are encouraged to apply.