PTO's, Registered Paramedics and Registered Nurses
*** PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, THIS AD IS FOR POSITIONS BASED IN NSW ONLY ***
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across NSW, VIC and TAS.
Flying Doctors Mobile Patient Care are currently seeking expressions of interest for casual Patient Transport Officers (PTO), Paramedics and Registered Nurses for our candidate pool for work across NSW. Branches of operation include Bankstown (Sydney), Wollongong, Tamworth and Taree.
The position of PTO, Registered Paramedic or Registered Nurse within the NEPT industry exists to provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with patients and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient assessment and intervention
- Safe operation of ambulance and it's equipment during transport of patients
- Maintain safe manual handling and stretcher operation techniques
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified as an Ambulance Paramedic (Registered), Division 1 Registered Nurse or Patient Transport Officer
- Current AHPRA registration (or pending approval for paramedics)
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role desirable
- Knowledge of NSW NEPT service specifications
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a Working With Childrens Check for employment.
- Full immunisation history in accordance with RFDS and HealthShare NSW guidelines
- FULL NSW drivers licence without restrictions
RFDS policies require that mandatory immunisations must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don't have all the immunisations required, you may not be immediately eligible for a role within Mobile Patient Care. Please see the immunisation document provided below for further information
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture and offers a flexible working environment.
If this sounds like the job for you please click apply to start your application, including your resume and a cover letter outlining the branche/s you would like to be considered for.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.