Project Communication Adviser
- Part Time - 19 hrs per week | Contract until June 2021
- Fantastic opportunity to develop your career in communications
- Attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century. Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS Queensland Section delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Queensland.
The Project Communication Adviser is a key member of the Corporate Affairs, Marketing and Strategy (CAMS) division. The CAMS division has the responsibility to build and maintain the organisation’s brand and reputation through communication and stakeholder engagement services, which includes strategy development and execution, internal communication, marketing services, media and public relations, community relations, health stakeholder engagement, government relations, and issues and crisis management.
The purpose of the Project Communication Adviser is to drive and coordinate communication activities related to the organisation’s transformational change program. Specifically, this person will provide professional advice with respect to communication activities to support organisational change through proactive corporate communication services.
You will be required to maintain the company’s values and work constructively with all key internal stakeholders. As an important member of a small and dedicated team of professionals, the Project Communication Adviser will also contribute to the broader objectives of the CAMS division and may be required from time-to-time to assist other team members with internal communication, media, marketing, community relations and stakeholder engagement services. The Project Communication Adviser is also required to manage a budget that has been developed in consultation with line managers.
We seek a motivated communication professional with experience in internal communication and change management to join our team. The ideal candidate will need to hit the ground running and support the Organisational Change Management project by delivering effective and timely internal communication services.
To be successful in this role, you will be strategic in your approach and have high-level communication skills and stakeholder engagement. You will pride yourself on your emotional intelligence and delivery mindset and be willing to work across a broad range of activities to deliver effective organisational change outcomes.
Ideally, you will possess:
- A keen interest to support a business through times of change using a human-centred approach.
- The ability to develop and deliver effective communication strategies and plans.
- The experience to develop change management communication and on-going support.
- The experience to utilise different communication channels for different audiences.
- Excellent copy writing skills, coupled with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior organisational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines.
- Initiative, with the ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office suite, SharePoint, Workplace by Facebook, Microsoft Teams, experience with digital and social media platforms and products.
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee at the RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- are passionate about providing the finest care to the furthest corner of the State;
- go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive, team culture – and help each other to help others;
- embrace the challenges that confront our organisation and has the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of the amazing team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts enable our work to help people in regional, rural and remote Queensland communities. Critically, you will also help ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. We will support you in your endeavour to develop new skills in a close-knit team that encourages the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
For further information please contact Christine Frisina for a confidential discussion on 07 3852 7572.
To submit your formal application please email your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com quoting Job Number: “RFDS468 Project Communications Adviser".
Please note: This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will be subject to criminal history check.
Only Australian citizens, permanent residents and New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.