Principal Advisor Health Safety and Environment
Principal Advisor Health Safety and Environment- Sydney, Dubbo or Broken Hill
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology we deliver extensive health care and 24-hour emergency service to those who live in and travel through remote, rural and regional Australia.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service South Eastern Section (RFDS SE) seeks to appoint a Principal Advisor Health Safety and Environment based in Waterloo, Dubbo or Broken Hill. The position sits within the Risk and Assurance Group and will lead the delivery of effective, professional and specialised HSE management services to enhance HSE performance across the RFDS SE.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Demonstrated experience leading a safety, health and environment team, in a high risk environment, Aviation or Health industry is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with staff and internal/external stakeholders.
- Diploma in Work, Health and Safety or other relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Working knowledge of Australian legislative frameworks including the WHS Act.
- Demonstrated knowledge of return to work protocols and management of injured or ill workers.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver HSE training programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AS/NZS 4801, ISO 31000, AS/NZS 14001 and ISO 9001 standards.
- Ability to evaluate outcomes from assurance activities to guide and mentor staff in relation to compliance requirements.
- Excellent stakeholder management, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to promote workplace health, safety and environmental awareness.
- Aptitude for technology, with experience in the use of multiple software applications.
- Have effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to travel to RFDS bases, often at short notice.
forward your resume and copies of your
qualifications to email@example.com
For more information about the Principal Advisor Health Safety and Environment position: email Manager, Aviation Systems, Justin Marr at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0400 964 594.
Applications close 24th July 2019.
RFDSSE is an equal opportunity employer
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.