Primary Health Nurse (Broken Hill)
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. From its Broken Hill Base the RFDS South Eastern Section provides emergency retrievals, inter-hospital transport, comprehensive primary health clinics at 17 different sites with GPs, nurses, Aboriginal Health, Mental Health, Dental services, medical chests and telehealth consultations to those living and travelling in far-west NSW, south-west Queensland and northern South Australia. The Section also works in partnership with local health services to implement primary health care in the communities served by the Section.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (South Eastern Section) is now looking for a suitably experienced Registered Nurse to join their Primary Health team at Broken Hill. The ideal candidate for this position will be either a (Transitional) Nurse Practitioner or a Child and Family Health Nurse, with significant experience in general Primary Health.
This Full Time position will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing Comprehensive Primary Health care in Broken Hill and throughout rural and remote NSW, SW Queensland and northern South Australia. The role encompasses clinical, quality and educational services across the age spectrum.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Significant experience working in community and clinic based Primary Health settings in rural and remote areas.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Primary Health Care including Chronic Disease Management, Child and Family Health, Women’s Health, Men’s Health, Health promotion, Early Intervention.
- Experience in venepuncture, cannulation, ECGs, spirometry, ear syringing.
- Experience with electronic medical record systems, preferably Medical Director or Best Practice.
- Registered Nurse with non-conditional APHRA registration
- APHRA endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner, or on pathway to same
- Graduate Certificate in Child and Family Health
- Nurse Immuniser Certificate
- Basic Life Support Certification (within past 12 months)
- Advanced Life Support – or willingness to obtain same
- Family Planning training in Cervical Screening Tests (or willingness to obtain same)
- Excellent computer literacy, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations, either by aircraft or road, including occasional overnight stays.
For more information about the position or to discuss your interest, please contact Primary Health Manager Lauren Cooney via email Lauren.Cooney@rfdsse.org.au
To apply: Email your cover letter and CV along with copies of your qualifications and details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close Friday, 18th October 2019
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
The RFDS Of Australia Is An Equal Opportunity Employer