ATA's, Paramedics and RN's - Warrnambool
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aeromedical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, NSW and TAS.
Flying Doctors Mobile Patient Care are currently seeking a casual ATA, AO, Paramedic or RN. The position of ATA, Paramedic or RN within the NEPT industry exists to provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with patients and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform patient assessment and intervention.
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice.
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice.
Qualifications and Experience
- ATA: Ambulance Transport Attendant, Ambulance Officer, Ambulance Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse. Please note: recent graduates from Diploma or Bachelor level education must have completed 400 supervised, clinical on-road placements hours to qualify as an ATA and be able to provide log book evidence of hours in accordance with NEPT guidelines. Please follow this link for additional information: https://www.flyingdoctor.org.a...
- PTO: Minimum qualification of Cert III Non Emergency Patient Transport, Cert IV Healthcare (Ambulance) or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse Qualification
- Hold a current Victorian Driver's License (mandatory) and have the ability to drive in both city and country traffic conditions.
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role desirable but not essential.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months.
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a Working With Childrens Check for employment.
RFDS policies require that mandatory immunisations must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don't have all the immunisations required, you may not be immediately eligible for a role within Mobile Patient Care. Please see attachment below for a copy of required immunisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and exciting employee benefits. If this sounds like the job for you please click apply to start your application, including your resume, cover letter and completed pre-employment questionnaire (please see below).
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.