Paramedics and Registered Nurses - Expressions of Interest
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service provides emergency aero medical and health care services for people in rural and remote regions across Australia. RFDS Victoria supports the work of the Flying Doctors throughout Australia, and is also growing its clinical services across the State.
Mobile Patient Care (MPC) is a service division of RFDS Victoria, providing non-emergency patient transport services in both rural and metropolitan locations across VIC, TAS and NSW.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for Paramedics and Registered Nurses within Bankstown, Illawarra, Taree and Tamworth to provide high quality patient care and treatment during the transport of patients with a wide variety of medical conditions, in accordance with RFDS MPC policies, procedures, and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations. A key focus of the role is on maintaining positive working relationships with clients.
Key responsibilities will include
- Perform patient assessment and intervention
- Assess the effectiveness of any intervention in accordance with all Flying Doctor MPC guidelines, NEPT regulations and within prescribed scope of practice
- Perform independently and problem solve within established policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Maintain an understanding of RFDS MPC Policies and procedures and Non-Emergency Patient Transport Regulations to support best practice
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified as an Ambulance Paramedic or Division 1 Registered Nurse
- Current AHPRA registration (or pending approval for paramedics)
- Experience working in the non-emergency patient transport sector in an equal role desirable
- Knowledge of NEPT clinical practice protocols
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a satisfactory National Police Check completed within the last 6 months
- Hold (or be willing to obtain) a Working With Childrens Check for employment
RFDS policies require that mandatory immunisations must be obtained by any new staff members prior to commencement of work. Please be aware that if you don't have all the immunisations required, you may not be immediately eligible for a role within Mobile Patient Care. Please follow the link below for a copy of required immunisations.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and exciting employee benefits. If this sounds like the job for you please click apply to start your application, including your resume and a cover letter.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.