Mid-level Donor Coordinator
Proudly serving Australians since 1928 and voted Australia’s most reputable charity 8 years in a row, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and health services for people in rural and remote Australia. RFDS Victoria supports the work of the Flying Doctor throughout Australia and is also growing its services across the State.
In Victoria the RFDS works in partnership with a number of community health organisations across the State to improve the health and well-being of our rural and regional communities. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
Flying Doctors Victoria currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-level Donor Coordinator. This is a brand new role is part time (0.4FTE) and based at our Richmond head office.
Reporting to the Philanthropy Manager, the Mid-level Donor Coordinator will assist with building and developing relationships with current mid-level donors to positively influence their ongoing commitment in supporting the work of the Flying Doctor across the state and will work towards growing the overall level of giving contributions.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) and will be required to engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, from donors to executive leadership and board members. A high level of professionalism and personal presentation will be required to be successful in this position, and experience coordinating fundraising programs and cultivating successful donor/customer relationships will be looked upon favorably.
- Collaborating with the Fundraising team to wealth screen, identify and steward Mid-level donors into Major Donor pipelines
- Identify and evaluate new fundraising opportunities through testing and innovation and keeping abreast of industry trends
- Meet budget income and development targets
- Work closely with the Primary Health Care team to consider funding tailored to specific donor requests
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in coordinating fundraising programs
- Experience in using Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM systems
- Ability to establish and monitor budgets
- Demonstrated ability in using data and segmentation to tailor communications and drive response
- Experience in not-for-profit desirable but not essential
You will be joining an energetic and dedicated team who are passionate about providing a high level of support towards the work of the Flying Doctors across Victoria. Please note that this role may require some travel and a current drivers licence will be essential.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role via the Apply button as soon as possible.
Applications will be assessed as received and applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted directly.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.