Mental Health Project Officer
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aero medical and health services for people in rural and remote Australia. RFDS Victoria supports the work of the Flying Doctor throughout Australia and is also growing its services across the State.
In Victoria the RFDS works in partnership with a number of community health organisations across the State to improve the health and well-being of our rural and regional communities. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services. Each year we come into contact with over 30,000 patients throughout Victoria, this includes primary health care and transport by air or on the road.
Reporting to the Health Services Manager (Allied and Mental Health), the Mental Health Project Officer will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of mental health initiatives designed to improve the social and emotional health and wellbeing of rural communities throughout Victoria.
With a focus on supporting the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Flying Doctor Wellbeing program, the Mental Health Project Officer will be an integral part of the Wellbeing team and will be involved in the development of community education, engagement and capacity building strategies for rural communities across the state.
The successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, a strong sense of personal drive and initiative as well as highly developed monitoring, reporting and project planning skills.
This is a full time fixed term position until 30th June 2020 with the possibility of an extension.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification and/or experience in Health Promotion, Public Heath, Health Science or Community Development essential
- Experience with mental health promotion desirable
- Experience in the development of high level written reports
- Experience in building relationships with a variety of stakeholders including health care and community organisations
- Ability to manage deadlines, resources and budgets
- Excellent computer skills and competency using Microsoft Office suite of programs
Key Selection Criteria
- A tertiary qualification and/or experience in Health Promotion, Public Health, Health Science or Community Development
- High level written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of and/or experience in health program evaluation
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with mental health promotion (desirable).
You will be joining an energetic and supportive team who are passionate and motivated to improve the health and well being of rural Victorians. Please note that as this role will require some travel across Victoria a Victorian Drivers Licence will be essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and exciting employee benefits. If this sounds like the job for you please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined above by COB Wednesday 19th December, 2018.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.