Credentialed Mental Health Nurse
CREDENTIALED MENTAL HEALTH NURSE - MHNIP Program
1 Full Time Position - Broken Hill
Exceptional Professional Satisfaction + Relocation + Generous Salary Packaging Benefits
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia South Eastern Section provides comprehensive health services to rural and remote communities in wstern NSW, SA and QLD.
Our Mental Health Program has a new position for a Credentialed Mental Health Nurse (applicants working towards eligibility for Credentialing per the ACMHN guidelines are encouraged to apply). This Full Time role will work with local GP's to inform, mange and review the clinical needs and support options for clients living with a severe and complex mental illness. Clients of this program will be low risk but require a coordinated approach to their health and social care needs to minimise periods of significant disability and improve quality of life in the community.
This role is based in Broken Hill and will join the existing team of MH/AoD clinicians based in broken Hill who provide outreach services.
This is an exciting and autonomous role and unique opportunity to work for the Royal Flying Doctor Service in the mental health sector. This position is town based, no flying to clinics required. If you meet the selection criteria below and are interested in living and working in Australia's first National Heritage City, we'd love to hear from you!
- Registered with AHPRA and Credentialed via the ACMHN (or actively working towards Credentialing)
- Postgraduate qualifications in mental health nursing and a minimum of 3 years work experience
- Interest or experience working with rural and remote Australians
- Effective communication skills
- Computer skills
- Unrestricted drivers licence
- Willing and able to collaborate with local GP practices to improve referral pathways and support options
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team as well as with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in quality control and work health & safety
- Well developed understanding of bio-psycho-social-spiritual impact of chronic and severe mental ill-health
- Significant clinical experience and practice in assessment and case management
- Salary $98,000.00 per annum plus superannuation
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- 10 days study leave
- Generous Salary Sacrifice package available
- Relocation Assistance
Applications close 29 January 2018
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Enquires to Vanessa Latham - 0417 030 217 or (08) 8080 3767
Applications should include - Cover Letter, Resume, 2 referees and copies of your qualifications and will be assessed and processed upon receipt.
Any published closing dates are estimated, the RFDS SE aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.