Medical Officers - Port Hedland
Ever wanted to explore Western Australia’s Pilbara region? Are you dedicated to improving access to rural healthcare? Do you have a passion for the ocean, and a commitment to making a difference in people’s lives?
The Royal Flying Doctors Service (RFDS) have been providing medical services to the West Australian people for over 90 years. As one of Australia’s most iconic brands, every hour of every day, the RFDS is performing lifesaving work. We are now looking for dedicated medical practitioners to join our devoted team based in Port Hedland on a full-time basis. This is the perfect opportunity for you to explore Port Hedland’s rugged landscape while making a difference to the wellbeing of the people in the community.
Find out what it is like to work for RFDS in Western Australia from some of our employees by selecting this link here.
Who Are We Looking For?To be successful in this role you should have experience in the following relevant areas:
• Aeromedical retrieval
• Flying medical clinics and
• Indigenous health
• Registration, or the ability to register, with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) as a Medical Practitioner
• A minimum of five years of postgraduate experience
• Significant experience in emergency medicine, anaesthesia, and acute paediatrics
• Able to independently manage critically ill and injured patients, including procedural skills relevant to critical care medicine
• Excellent communication and teamwork
• ACEM/ANZCA/CICM/FACRRM or FRACGP or equivalent, or experienced career medical officers
• Obstetric experience
• Primary health care experience
• Experience in pre-hospital or retrieval medicine
• Experience in regional or remote medical practice
Why Join Us? With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres in regional and outback Western Australia you’ll see work and life like never before. In addition, we offer:
• Full-time role with a formal orientation program provided
• Laptop and mobile phone provided
• Professional development allowance, study leave provisions, salary packaging
• Up to 8 weeks of annual leave per year
• Housing and a motor vehicle supplied
If this role is strongly matched to your skills and experience (and you are looking for your next adventure!), please contact Lauren Dawe, People & Culture Business Partner, on (08) 9417 6355 to discuss possible opportunities. To apply for this role please submit your resume outlining your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RFDS (Western Operations) is committed to providing aeromedical services across Western Australia. By ensuring our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, we are helping protect our people and our patients; and safeguarding our 24/7 service delivery. If you are a successful candidate for a position with our team, being vaccinated against COVID-19 will be a term of your employment conditions.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.