Medical Officers - Jandakot
The Royal Flying Doctor Service Western Operations (RFDS WO) has an outstanding history of service and excellence in aeromedical and primary health care across Western Australia, providing medical services to the West Australian people for over 90 years. As one of Australia’s most iconic brands and voted 2021’s Most Trusted Charity, every hour of every day the RFDS WO is performing lifesaving work across Western Australia.
Find out what it is like to work for RFDS in Western Australia from some of our employees by selecting this link here.
We are now looking for dedicated Medical Officers (MOs) to join our devoted team on either a full-time or a part-time basis at our main hub in Jandakot. If you have ever considered being part of our iconic brand, now is the time to apply!
We need experienced and empathetic doctors to provide a wide range of clinical services, including:
- Aeromedical retrieval
- Indigenous health
- Registration, or the ability to register, with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) as a Medical Practitioner
- A minimum of five years of postgraduate experience
- Significant experience in emergency medicine, anaesthesia, and acute paediatrics
- Able to independently manage critically ill and injured patients, including procedural skills relevant to critical care medicine
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- ACEM/ANZCA/CICM/FACRRM or FRACGP or equivalent, or experienced career medical officers
- Obstetric experience
- Primary health care experience
- Experience in pre-hospital or retrieval medicine
- Experience in regional or remote medical practice
Why Join Us? With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres in regional and outback Western Australia you’ll see work like never before. In addition, we offer:
- Full-time and part-time roles with a formal orientation program upon commencement
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Professional development allowance, study leave provisions, and salary packaging
- Up to 8 weeks of annual leave per year
If this role is strongly matched to your skills and experience (and you are looking for your next adventure!), please contact Lauren Dawe, People & Culture Business Partner, on (08) 9417 6355 to discuss possible opportunities. Currently we are only accepting expression of interests for Jandakot.To apply for this role please submit your resume outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com.
RFDS (Western Operations) is committed to providing aeromedical services across Western Australia. By ensuring our workforce is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, we are helping protect our people and our patients; and safeguarding our 24/7 service delivery. If you are a successful candidate for a position with our team, being vaccinated against COVID-19 will be a term of your employment conditions.
RFDSWO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
Please note applicants require the right to work in Australia, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.