Medical Officers | Full Time and Part Time Opportunities
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century.
Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
Imagine your day starting with a flight over the spectacular countryside in Australia!
The RFDS (Queensland Section) is currently seeking Medical Officers to join the team for a range of exciting upcoming opportunities across various locations in Queensland. The RFDS provides primary health care, aeromedical retrieval and remote (telehealth) consultations. Your role could vary from emergency aeromedical retrievals to a remote clinic overlooking the rugged landscape of outback Queensland.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our mission, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities. You will work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation, and to the people of Queensland.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you will face a unique professional challenge. You’ll use the skills you’ve worked hard to acquire, making a difference to the health and wellbeing of rural/remote Queenslanders. With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometers of regional and outback Queensland, you will have a work and life experience like no other.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements, relocation assistance, a comprehensive orientation program and ongoing professional development support.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Qualifications in medicine recognized by AHPRA. AHPRA Board Registration; or the ability to be registered as a Medical Practitioner with AHPRA (Medical Board of Australia) is essentiaal
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience, or working at Senior Registrar level
- An understanding of rural and remote medicine
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS2); or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months of Emergency Medicine (at Registrar level or above); experience or 12 months experience in procedural General Practice (Emergency Medicine)
- Minimum 6 months experience in Anaesthesia (at registrar level); or 12 months experience in procedural General Practice (Anaesthesia)
- Minimum 6 months of experience in Intensive Care (at registrar level or above); or 3 months of Intensive Care and a further 3 months made up of any combination of Emergency Medicine, Pre-Hospital Retrieval Medicine or Anaesthetics
- Desired but not essential is a minimum 6 months of experience in Paediatrics; or 12 months experience in a mixed adult/paediatric emergency department; or 12 months in procedural GP (Emergency Medicine) in a mixed adult/paediatric Emergency Department
- General Practice or Primary Health Care minimum of 6 months
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com quoting reference number "RFDS465".
To discuss opportunities within the RFDS (Queensland Section) please contact Renae Murphy, Health Workforce Coordinator on 61 + (0) 7 3860 1135.
Please note applications for employment may be subject to review by a representative from Queensland Health for the purposes of deeming experience and qualifications for the role that you are applying for, and if requested you may be required provide further evidence of Intensive Care and Anaesthetic experience by providing the organisation with procedural logbooks, training records or any other relevant documentation.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process. Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.