- Unique leadership role
- Flexible work arrangement available
- Competitive package
About the RFDS (Central Operations)
We are leaders in providing aeromedical and primary health care services to people in remote, rural and regional locations across South Australia and the Northern Territory. As we head toward our 100th year of providing services, we launch a new strategic plan with a focus on becoming more specialised, more innovative and a better connected health service provider.
About the Opportunity
The Medical Director will have a unique opportunity to support the development and achievement of our strategic goals. You will be responsible for providing expert advice and oversight of clinical practice guidelines to ensure the delivery of safe, quality patient care that meets our compliance obligations. You will also supervise medical officers and registrars, to support their ongoing development and success.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Medical Practitioner;
- Current Fellowship with RACGP and/or ACRRM and/or ACEM;
- More than 10 years post graduate experience with experience in clinical leadership roles;
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder relationship skills;
- Experience in leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team, within a rural/remote/regional and culturally diverse context.
Why join us?
As part of our team, you can expect to be provided with challenging, interesting work and be supported to achieve your best. We offer excellent working conditions together with a negotiable remuneration package depending on skills, experience and capabilities. A flexible working arrangement can be negotiated for this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, in the first instance please contact Ms Josie Vartuli, Executive General Manager, People and Culture on 08 8238 3333.
For the position description, please click here.
We reserve the right to make an offer prior to the closing date.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.