Technical Support Coordinator
Job ID: RFDS417
Whenever and wherever people in Queensland need us the most, we’re there. That’s how it’s been for almost a century.
Join us and help us keep it that way.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, RFDS delivers extensive primary healthcare and 24-hour emergency service, from nine strategic bases, to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
Due to a recent internal promotion, an exciting opportunity presents within the ICT Team based in our Brisbane Corporate Office for a customer focused Technical Support Coordinator, commencing on a full-time fixed term 6 month contract.
Reporting to the ICT Governance Manager, the Technical Support Coordinator is part of a professional team that provides exceptional customer service and efficient support to all ICT users across multiple sites. Delivering the highest level of customer service for incident management and request fulfillment, this role is responsible for the day to day management and provisioning of ICT hardware, software and telecommunications assets in a professional and competent manner. Support and troubleshooting will be conducted by phone, in person and through the management of tasks in an internally maintained ITSM in line with ITIL processes and internal policies and procedures.
The Technical Support Coordinators are the first line of support for end users contacting the RFDS ICT Team, with support processes for escalation through to Operations or vendors as required – the primary focus of the Service Delivery coordinators is to provide the highest level of customer service to our users.
This role will see you develop and maintain ICT services, determining user requirements and improving organisational use of technology to deliver on varying business needs and beneficial efficient organisational outcomes. The role is also required to oversee and manage assigned improvement initiatives ensuring appropriate governance, effective change management and communication strategies are employed to develop innovative and reliable solutions and business outcomes.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, energy and commitment to our goals, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact in Queensland communities and truly help others. You’ll work every day with people who are passionate about our purpose and proud of their contribution to our iconic organisation.
As a member of the team driving RFDS from behind the scenes, you’ll come to work knowing that your efforts are enabling our work in helping people in Queensland communities. Critically, you’re also helping ensure our organisation is efficient, effective and sustainable now and in the future.
Your contribution will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package plus salary packaging arrangements. In addition, you’ll have the unique opportunity to see how your actions positively impact communities.
Who are we looking for?
In the context of the role responsibilities and accountability, we are looking for a motivated, forward a thinking professional with a strong customer-focused approach who possesses the following:
Essential skills and experience
- 4+ years’ experience in Customer Service with a keen interest in ICT, or experience in ICT Support, Helpdesk or Service Desk
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) with a customer focused approach
- Self-starter, with the ability to think on your feet
- Troubleshooting and fault/problem resolution skills highly regarded
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Formal ICT qualifications or equivalent experience
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with mobile device management platforms
- Knowledge of Software License Management practices
- ServiceNow Certifications
- This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and will continue to be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- This role will need the ability to travel within Queensland
- This role will need the ability to work out of hours to respond to unscheduled outages and major incidents affecting critical systems
There are also three ‘must-haves’ that we look for in every employee of RFDS (Queensland section). We want people who:
- Are passionate about providing the finest care to people in Queensland;
- Go above and beyond to drive a positive, cohesive team culture – helping each other to help others;
- Embrace the challenges our organisation faces - have the motivation to help us thrive in a competitive, commercial, KPI-driven environment
Please submit your application including demonstrated experience that highlights your suitability to this opportunity now to be considered.
Application close COB Wednesday 26 February 2020.
Please note that applications will only be accepted via this recruitment portal.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.